Our maintenance teams keep our fleet running smoothly and we are justifiably proud of our safety record. They look after our fleet of buses and coaches, making a real difference to our customer experience. With a fleet of 1,150 buses and coaches based at 16 depots, operating across c.225 routes, we’re looking for craftworkers like you who put pride and perseverance into your job ensuring our vehicles always run efficiently, look their best and are well maintained and presented. We offer regular hours in well-equipped garages. If you like variety in your work, and you care about getting your job done well, then you’ll thrive in this part of the operation.
* Utilise specialised skills to conduct maintenance, inspection, diagnostics and repairs on all fleet types to the company standard and within safety regulations.
* Takes the initiative to complete all tasks as necessary.
* Complete fault finding & problem solving on complex mechanical & electrical vehicle issues.
* Mentor apprentice staff as required.
* Identify and utilises resources effectively.
* Liaise with garage supervisors, technical engineering and vehicle suppliers on vehicle issues when required.
* Manage time and progress repairs and inspections to consistently meet deadlines.