Our drivers are the public face of Bus Éireann, every day serving our customers, young and old, in the spirit our values. When you step into the Bus Éireann uniform, you become an ambassador for the brand. You believe in our vision to put customers at the heart of what we do every day, safely connecting our customers with who and what matters to them, helping to make life better.
Applicants will need:
- a full, clean, Class D Irish driver’s licence
- a digital tachograph card
- a driver CPC (certificate of professional competence) for public service vehicle drivers
- strong customer service skills
- an enthusiastic attitude
What We Offer.
We recruit the best and in return we offer a competitive benefits package that is mindful of you and your family. Drivers basic pay is €753.24 based on a 39 hour week. Typically working five over seven days, overtime may also be available to supplement your earnings. When you start with us, you will receive our professional driver uniform. You will have access to travel concessions, our employee assistance programme, free parking in our depots, local staff clubs and societies, and subsidised canteen* facilities.
Please click here to view the benefits we offer.
Training and Development.
Our driver training is varied and includes the following:
- Vehicle and route familiarisation
- Wayfarer ticket machine and ticketing procedures
- Automatic vehicle location
- Accident and breakdown procedures
- Periodic CPC training
- Health and safety
- Customer care
- Manual handling
- Defensive driving and eco driving techniques