As a Senior Manager Engineering, you will be preparing Bus Éireann for a sustainable future, contributing to the planning and executing engineering solutions to deploy nationally new low and zero-emissions fleet. This role is a key member of the management team reporting to the Head of Engineering. As a Senior Manager, you will have overall responsibility for the Bus Éireann fleet in the East Region, managing engineering, materials, and maintenance functions in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner. You will ensure the application of highest level of maintenance standards and highest level of fleet availability for operations.
The Essential Requirements for the role are:
- Qualified Mechanical Engineer – preferably with experience in the field of road passenger vehicles or experience in engineering & maintenance in a safety critical industrial environment.
- Knowledge of legislation linked to road passenger transport. Understanding of Health & Safety Legislation and practice essential.
- Previous management experience, managing a team of people.
- Experience of change management.
- A good understanding of overall business structures, systems, finances & company operations.
- Excellent understanding & working knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office.
Competencies for the role are:
- Organising and Executing.
- Applying Expertise & Technology.
- Analysing and Decision Making.
- Strategic and Commercial Thinking.
- Customer Focus.
- Relating and Networking.
Bus Éireann has an excellent flexible working policy and we take pride in looking after the Health and Wellbeing of our employees. Salary will be commensurate with experience.