Bus Eireann is recruiting an Engineering Operative to join a large team of Fleet maintenance team based in a busy Depot in Cork City.
This role encompasses the daily servicing of all Public Service Vehicles operating out of Cork City Depot and other Engineering Operative related duties based on Business needs.
It’s an exciting time to be at Bus Éireann. We’re growing our route network, investing in our fleet and transforming the experience we offer customers. We are innovating and changing and as Ireland’s largest public transport company, we are leading the way in how Ireland travels sustainably now and in the future.
We are thrilled to have been named as Ireland's Passenger Transport Company of the Year for the work we did in 2021 to keep Ireland connected, and for winning the Green Impact award in May at the Irish Transport & Logistics Awards.
This Role is responsible for: -
* Fuelling buses and checking oil/water levels
* Cover shifts when required
* Washing and cleaning buses
* Minor maintenance work can be carried out where appropriate under direction from the Foreman or Team Leader.
* Other duties as outlined by the Foreman/ Team Leader.
* Maintenance of the Garage area
* Any member of the EO grade will be fully flexible and will undertake any suitable task subject only to their level of competence and taking account of safety considerations.
* Cleaning and tidying the depot and garage environment
* Vehicle and parts deliveries and collections
* Forklift truck operation
* D Licence essential